Please use your
ASAE login to
complete the application
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be an ASAE member for at least 5 years.
- If you are eligible for the CAE, but do not hold the designation, please be sure to explain this in your materials. ASAE and the Selection Committee place significant weight on the industry’s professional credential.
Selection/Induction Schedule for the 2016 Fellows Class
- Nominations must be submitted by 5pm EST on Monday, October 10, 2016.
- See nomination page and be sure to have your nominee’s name, title, company, email and phone number. You will also need to submit your own contact information.
First Round Application:
- If a nominee meets eligibility requirements, the first round application is due by close of business Thursday, November 10, 2016.
- First round application materials required are:
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting service and involvement with ASAE.
- An Essay response (limited to one page) to the following: As a Fellow, how will you contribute your personal passion and experience to the association community?
- A letter of endorsement. The letter endorsing the candidate may be from any ASAE member or volunteer, but it is strongly recommended that this letter is written by an ASAE Fellow. Only one letter of recommendation may be submitted.
- If candidate is selected to move to the final round, completed applications are due by close of business Monday, January 30, 2017.
- Final application requires essay-style answers to each of the following questions:
- Because Fellows are committed to active participation in ASAE and the Fellows Goals, please tell us about relevant positions of leadership and exceptional service in ASAE, state, local, or regional societies, other professional societies, or civic and charitable organizations. (The committee is interested in relevant examples that will demonstrate your commitment.)
- What do you want your legacy – defined as personal and professional impact and contribution – to be?
- Tell us about a time you took a risk and didn’t play it safe? What was the result, and what did you learn from the experience?
- All final candidates will have one phone interview with two members of the selection committee. These interviews will be conducted in February/March 2017.
- The Selection Committee will meet at the end of March 2017 to make final decisions.
- All applicants at each phase of the process will be notified of the committee’s decision by phone call and/or e-mail.
- The 2017 Class of Fellows will be inducted during the 2017 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition, August 12-15, 2017, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- The 2017 Class of Fellows is strongly encouraged to attend the 2017 Fellows Retreat, June 22-25, 2017, Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, LA.