Please use your
ASAE login to
complete the application
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be an ASAE member for at least 5 years.
- If you are eligible for the CAE, but do not hold the designation, please be sure to explain this in your materials. ASAE and the Selection Committee place significant weight on the industry’s professional credential.
Selection/Induction Schedule for the 2018 Fellows Class
The Fellows program uses a three-step process governed by a Selection Committee composed of Fellows in good standing. First, an ASAE member must be nominated by another ASAE member. Then, the nominee must submit a detailed letter of endorsement and a curriculum vitae and answer an essay question. The Selection Committee reviews all applications and invites selected candidates to submit a final application. Final candidates are invited for individual interviews with two selection committee members and are asked to answer several additional essay questions. Each class of Fellows is unique and there is no minimum or maximum class size.
- Nominations must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Please review the nomination page and be sure to have your nominee’s name, title, company, email and phone number. You will also need to submit your own contact information.
- All nominees will be contacted with eligibility determination and application information.
First Round Application:
- If a nominee meets eligibility requirements, the first round application is due by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, November 17, 2017.
- First round application materials required are:
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting service and involvement with ASAE.
- An Essay response (limited to one page) to the following: As a Fellow, how will you contribute your personal passion and experience to the association community?
- A letter of endorsement. The letter endorsing the candidate may be from any ASAE member or volunteer, but it is strongly recommended that this letter is written by an ASAE Fellow. Only one letter of recommendation may be submitted. Letter is received and submitted by applicant.
Final Round Application:
- Candidates that are selected to move to the final round, must submit their completed application by 11:59pm EST on Monday, January 29, 2018.
- Final application requires essay-style answers to each of the following questions of no more than 4 pages:
- Because Fellows are committed to active participation in ASAE and the Fellows Goals, please tell us about relevant positions of leadership and exceptional service in ASAE, state, local, or regional societies, other professional societies, or civic and charitable organizations. (The committee is interested in relevant examples that will demonstrate your commitment.)
- What do you want your legacy – defined as personal and professional impact and contribution – to be?
- Tell us about a time you took a risk and didn’t play it safe? What was the result, and what did you learn from the experience?
- All final candidates will have one phone interview with two members of the selection committee. These interviews will be conducted in February/March 2018.
- The Selection Committee will meet in March/April 2018 to make final decisions.
- All applicants at each phase of the process will be notified of the committee’s decision by phone call and/or e-mail.
- The 2018 Class of Fellows should plan to attend the 2018 Fellows Retreat, June 21-24, 2018,Salamander Resort, Middleburg, VA.
- The 2018 Class of Fellows will be inducted during the 2018 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition, August 18-21, 2018, Chicago, IL.